If you have had a risk situation and need HIV testing, please call our helpline 0207 465 705. It is possible to get an appointment or a free home test kit.
Walk-in HIV testing services have been previously carried out without scheduled appointments but now due to the COVID-19 situation, testing is always by appointment. Testing days will be held once a week in Helsinki and Tampere. You can book an appointment from our phone service at 0207 465 705 Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 12.00pm. Appointments can also be booked through the hivpoint.fi chat service Monday to Thursday between 12.30pm and 3.30pm
You can get an HIV test anonymously at Hivpoint. The test is free of charge. We provide HIV testing at the moment only in Helsinki and Tampere. We use an HIV rapid test which is ready in 1 minute. The test is taken through a blood sample from the fingertip. Our HIV rapid test is as reliable as the blood test performed at laboratories. Read more about HIV testing here.
We recommend for you to get tested 1–3 months after possible transmission (such as unprotected sex). A negative test result is reliable when it has been three months since the unprotected sex. During this waiting period, it is important to always use a condom in all sexual contacts.
Unfortunately, we are unable to write certificates of HIV test results. If you need a certificate we encourage you to contact e.g. your local health care station (terveysasema).
Addresses for Hivpoint offices:
- Helsinki address: Unioninkatu 45 K, 00170 Helsinki
- Tampere address: Nalkalankatu 12 F, 33200 Tampere
- Oulu address: Kansankatu 53, 90100 Oulu. Entrance through the door on Vanhantullinkatu, walk to the end of the hallway. (no HIV testing at the moment)
HIV testing is also available at
- Health centres (free of charge)
- Venereal disease outpatient clinics (free of charge)
- Finnish Student Health Service (free of charge), www.yths.fi
- Red Cross Pluspoints (free of charge, anonymous) in Turku, Seinäjoki, Kuopio, Joensuu and Jyväskylä, www.redcross.fi
- Private clinics (subject to a charge) and within occupational health care