The Hivpoint works in collaboration with professionals from different fields in questions related to HIV, STIs, sexuality and sexual health. The Hivpoint offers training, consultation and newsletter services as well as different kinds of materials to support HIV related work.
You can contact our personnel directly by phone or email.
Contact information for the personnel of the Hivpoint.
The helpline of the Hivpoint stands at the service of professionals from Monday to Thursday from 10 am to 3:30 pm., tel. +358 207 465 705.
You can order training related to sexuality, sexual health, HIV, AIDS and safe sex from the Hivpoint. We offer training e.g. as lectures, functional events and theme days:
• for schools and educational institutions,
• for professionals and students in social and health care,
• for people working with young people and immigrants and for immigrants,
• for people working in the travel industry,
• for larger audiences at various kinds of events.
The trainings are customised according to the client’s wishes and needs. A training plan involves agreeing upon the themes for training and training methods, among others.
A training plan can include e.g. the following:
• evaluation of the need for training,
• preliminary surveys for the participants and a summary of the survey,
• a material package,
• selection of methods (lectures, interactive methods),
• feedback survey and a summary of the survey.
The themes of a training can encompass e.g. the following:
• basic information on HIV and STIs,
• the development of sexuality,
• safe sex,
• the diversity of sexuality and gender,
• HIV testing,
• encountering and treating an HIV positive person,
• preventive/detective work related to HIV and other STIs,
• blood transmission risks in work life
The price is determined based on the content, duration and target group of the training.
Please address your training related enquiries to: koulutus[at]hivpoint.fi
Encountering HIV patients and their families as well as people exposed to HIV requires up-to-date information on HIV and its treatment as well as an understanding of what living with HIV means. The personnel of the Hivpoint consists of social and health care professionals and social science professionals who are specialised in various HIV related themes.
Contact the Hivpoint by phone or email when you need topical or advanced knowledge on HIV.